Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 32

Thread: Fla. House OKs Bill to Keep Schiavo Alive

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member imported_OleTob's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    681
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fla. House OKs Bill to Keep Schiavo Alive

    I dunno their situation fully but alot of what i've seen on the news in the past months makes no sense to me...The parents are saying some doctor told them that he could do this and that...Well he's my question if they really wanted her to live why did they wait till it came to this point in time to try to do something via a doctor and such? Why wasn't these doctors they have examining her now doing something before? I myself wouldn't and couldn't have taken the tube out unless I heard her say she didn't wanna live like that or seen it in a will...Sure he husband says she wouldn't wanna live like that but who knows what she actually said...It a mess that's for sure.

    The one thing that really does bother me about it is the Government getting involved...They already tax us to death among other junk...They had no business in this matter what so ever but it's politics and they were looking out or themselves not Terry...Just like a Polititian
    Take em one at a time and everything else will take care of itself.

    I belong to God Now.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fla. House OKs Bill to Keep Schiavo Alive

    I gotta agree with both Counts and Ole Tob in this one. Especially the grayest of gray comments.

    PS- Did someone write this for you Counts? Your spelling (or English, not sure which is screwed up [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) seems to be much better than usual.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fla. House OKs Bill to Keep Schiavo Alive

    No I took my time where I usually am in a hurry and do it as fast as possible. I would not look for this trend to continue LOL

  4. #4
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Fla. House OKs Bill to Keep Schiavo Alive

    SEMINOLE, Fla. - A man was arrested after trying to steal a weapon from a gun shop so he could "take some action and rescue Terri Schiavo," authorities said.

    Michael W. Mitchell, of Rockford, Ill., entered Randall's Firearms Inc. in Seminole just before 6 p.m. Thursday with a box cutter and tried to steal a gun, said Marianne Pasha, a spokeswoman for the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office.


    Mitchell, 50, told deputies he wanted to "take some action and rescue Terri Schiavo" after he visited the Pinellas Park hospice where she lives, Pasha said.


    The feeding tube that has kept Schiavo alive for more than a decade was removed March 18 over objections from her parents. Schiavo's husband has said his wife would not want to be kept alive artificially.


    Doctors have said she would probably die within a week or two of the tube being pulled.


    Randy McKenzie, the owner of Randall's Firearms, said Mitchell pulled out the box cutter and broke the glass on a couple of display cases.


    "He told me if I wasn't on Terri's side then I wasn't on God's side, either," McKenzie told The Associated Press.


    McKenzie said he then pointed his own gun at Mitchell and ordered him to lie on the ground. But Mitchell fled out the store's back door before police arrived, he said.


    Mitchell was later arrested in a parking lot and was scheduled to appear in court Friday. He was being held on $125,000 bond on charges of attempted armed robbery, aggravated assault and criminal mischief, officials said.


    It was not known if he had a lawyer.


    Seminole is about 5 miles west of Pinellas Park.





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •